Download a PDF Copy Here.
Licensed attorney, admitted to the Ohio bar. Technology and marketing expert with experience in growth, social platforms and content development. Using data and intuition to educate, inspire and engage people. Passionate about community, collaboration and experimentation.
Marin Power Yoga
May 2013 – December 2018
Started and grew local yoga and fitness center with a focus on community and health.
- Built 22 person team to support all aspects of the organization, using technology in traditionally non-technical environments to improve communication and conversions.
- Developed WordPress based website, used SEO to drive growth in brick and mortar business.
- Implemented a content focused social media strategy to grow a local community business.
- Opened retail yoga clothing shop to increase membership and revenue.
- Federal and State tax and regulation filings.
- Taught yoga, meditation and fitness classes.
Social Media Strategist
May 2009 – May 2013
Founded a social media strategy and content development company.
- Shifted companies from press releases to real time media sharing and storytelling.
- Shoot, edit and produce video and photography for social content.
- Implement content management systems, social media strategies, train marketing and sales teams.
- Presenter teaching social media strategy at Spa Exec and ISPA events nationally.
- Clients included Yoga Journal, Baptiste Yoga and Questex (American Spa).
Director of Business Development
August 2007 – February 2009
Sales and customer success for start-up mobile streaming video.
- Initiate contacts with potential clients, demo software and support evaluations of our products.
- Manage customer support, replicate issues, document and report to programming team.
- Test software products and document features, user instructions and bugs.
- Review contracts, non-disclosure agreements and policies for web publishing.
- Social media Integration, streaming live video into Facebook, Twitter to notify video stream is live.
- Clients included CNN, ABC National News, GEO (Pakistan News).
- Branded product manager AT&T mobile store.
Thrasher, Dinsmore & Dolan
August 2006 – August 2007
Tax and estate planning attorney for local practice.
- General legal practice, estate planning, charitable planning and tax planning for family businesses.
- Specialization in tax-exempt organizations, State formation and Federal applications.
- Managed client contact from start to finish.
- Assist clients in funding trusts and implementing asset protection plans.
Walter & Haverfield
March 2005 – August 2006
Tax and estate planning lawyer at mid-sized law firm.
- Draft wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, defective grantor trusts, operating agreements, buy/sell agreements, promissory notes, deeds, corporate minutes, bylaws, federal and state tax exemption applications, organize entities in Ohio, Delaware and Wyoming.
- Research tax laws and consequences for transactions.
- Full-time law clerk in tax department from 2003-2004 while attending law school at night.
Osher Marin Jewish Community Center
Information Technology Manager
January 2001 – June 2002
Technology support across non-profit organization.
- Manage all desktops, servers, cisco router and implement software intrusion detection system.
- Train employees on software, create intranet site to improve internal communication.
- Responsible for all technology purchasing.
January 2000 – January 2001
Desktop technology integration for start-up audio streaming company.
- Managed Desktop Support as company grew from 40 employees to over 100 in 1 year.
- Developed security standards and virus protection for all workstations.
- PDA integration and training.
- Trained new staff on internal systems.
Ten Speed Press – Apple Support Specialist
September 1997 – July 1999
Apple maintenance and technology support for book and poster publisher.
- Computer optimization and maintenance for graphics and creative department.
- Created PowerPoint and Director multimedia presentations for marketing and sales.
- Database support and reporting for custom application.
Music Studio Engineering and Apple Support September 1994 – September 1997
Music engineering and computer integration for independent artists.
- Built analog and digital music and video studios for independent artists and small companies.
- Custom computer configuration for digitizing music and video.
- Hard drive arrays for handling large files and multi-channel recording and editing.
- Instrument repair, customized analog modular synthesizers, rebuilt speakers.
- Live sound, music production, DJ for events, parties and multi-media theater productions.
Cleveland State University – Cleveland-Marshall College of Law J.D, Tax · (2002 – 2004)
University of Michigan
BA, Communications · (1990 – 1994)
Bronx Science · (1986 – 1990)
Interests include yoga, meditation, music production, basic spanish, technology. Blogged for Elephant Journal – elephantjournal.com/author/jamie-ginsberg/